Revised Artist Guidelines
The following guidelines have been developed with the safety and security of all participants and their property in mind. Please review them carefully before submitting your application.
SPECIAL DISPLAY REQUIREMENTS:
- The Artist or Artist representative must be present during the show.
- All artwork must be original, must be by the registered applicant.
- 2 Jewelery artist will be allowed to sell, and must follow jewelry guidelines on back of Artist Application.
- No commercial goods for resale or consigned goods will be allowed in artist area.
- The artist will be responsible for their art display. Artist must bring their own easels or display equipment. Work may be hung, displayed freestanding or placed on a pedestal within a 10' x 10' area.
- To reserve same spot, artist must pay within the week after Jardin. After that, spaces will be allotted on a first come first serve basis.
DEADLINES AND SUBMITTAL INSTRUCTIONS:
- Each display area will be 10' x 10'.
- Groups wishing to share an area may do so. For best artwork display: Max 2 artists per booth. The entry should indicate approximately how many artists will be represented, and give representative photos for each participant.
- Artists must provide their own canopies, tables and chairs and display equipment.
- Applications must be emailed to
or delivered to the Library by the Friday before the event…no later than 4:00 p.m.
- Applications will be juried on an on-going basis and acceptance notices sent via e-mail.
- A $15 non-refundable entry fee must be prepaid. The entry fee is non-refundable after acceptance into the Edinburg Jardin del Arte and will be deposited immediately. Payment must be made at the Dustin Michael Sekula Memorial Library.
Please submit three (3) 4" x 6" pictures of your work to
or deliver to the Dustin M. Sekula Memorial Library at 1906 S. Closner Blvd, Edinburg, TX 78539. Please label each print with your name, title, media type and indicate "top". PRINTS WILL NOT BE RETURNED. In addition, please submit either a photo or accurate sketch of your booth display.
The City is not responsible for the theft or damage to items on exhibit, nor does it provide insurance to protect them. Insurance is the sole responsibility of the exhibitor.
This event will be exhibited to the general public and certain content may be deemed inappropriate and will not be permitted to be exhibited. Such content may include, but is not limited to : offensive language, racist content, culturally offensive material, pornographic.