The Edinburg Municipal Auditorium
This Gothic revival-style auditorium was built in 1926 to serve the new Edinburg Junior College, the lone high school and the community. It was designated a Texas Historic Landmark in 1989. The Edinburg Municipal Auditorium (EMA) has since had some renovations done and is in the process a revitalization process. The EMA is available for performances and special events. More information about the facilities and availability can be found below.
Check the calendar below to see if the EMA is available on the date of your upcoming event. The calendar below is an up-to date schedule of reserved dates. A rental date can not be reserved until a contract is filled out, signed and the deposit is paid in full. Contracts can be filled out, signed and paid for at the Dustin Michael Sekula Memorial Library at the Circulation Desk.
10Am-12Am Dep. $250.00 Rent $500.00 Police $200.00 Total $950.00
10Am-12Am Dep. $300.00 Rent $600.00 Police $200.00 Total $1,100.00
Final payment is due 30 days prior to the event for lease ad additional equipment and services requested.
All leases booked within 30 days of the event will require payment in full.
Equipment & Security Additional Rates
1. Lights and Sound $25.00/hr
2. Microphone $35.00/mic
3. Piano $50.00
4. Speaker’s Podium $25.00
5. Police Officers $25.00/hr
Everything you need to know to be confident that your event will be a success
Bottom Floor 432 Overflow (Balcony): 262
Custom light cues including intensity and color changes can be requested but must be delivered in writing along with a program or script at least 3 days in advance of the event. All custom lighting designs should have at least one technical rehearsal.
The EMA features:
- Elation Show Designer 2 light board
- Three color LED over head PAR's
- ETC Source 4 Ellipsoidal front lighting.
Additional lighting available upon request:
- 4 LED Bar fixtures for lighting backdrops
- 1 Chauvete Barrel 360 concert light
- 1 Incandescent spot light.
The EMA features:
- Presonus Studiolive 24.4.2 sound board
- Sound Amplifiers
- 4 Audix vocal microphones with microphone stands
- 4 Audix over head hanging microphones
- 2 Audix floor microphones
- 4 Wireless microphones
Restrictions and Permitting
- Residents can book 1 year in advance, non-residents only 6 months.
- Auditorium hours are 10 a.m. to 12 a.m.; earliest entry is 8 a.m.
- Deposit is returned 2 -3 weeks after the event by mail.
- Times of use must be specified for Auditorium to be opened; keys are not given out.
- No food allowed in the Auditorium.
- Selling of food or concession is not allowed unless written permission from the City of Edinburg is provided.
- Security is required, minimum of 2 officers for 4 hours.
- Non-Profit rentals are taken no earlier than one month before the event and require active Tax Exempt Number for verification; schools are taken no earlier than two months before the event & pay 50% of rental rate, plus any additional extras.
- No Smoking.
- No decoration on Auditorium walls.
- No glitter, NO EXCEPTIONS. Glitter will be considered a damage.
Schedule a Technical Tour
Tours are limited to 30 minutes.
Rent the EMA
Check the rental calendar to see when the EMA is available.
Check the Rental Rates to find out how much your rental will cost.
Schedule a tech tour of the EMA to be sure the facilities will be appropriate for your event.
Come in to the Dustin Michael Sekula Memorial Library and fill out a contract!