The Edinburg Municipal Auditorium
This Gothic revival-style auditorium was built in 1926 to serve the new Edinburg Junior College, the lone high school and the community. It was designated a Texas Historic Landmark in 1989. The Edinburg Municipal Auditorium (EMA) has since had some renovations done and is in the process a revitalization process. The EMA is available for performances and special events. More information about the facilities and availability can be found below.
Check the calendar below to see if the EMA is available on the date of your upcoming event. The calendar below is an up-to date schedule of reserved dates. A rental date can not be reserved until a contract is filled out, signed and the deposit is paid in full. Contracts can be filled out, signed and paid for at the Dustin Michael Sekula Memorial Library.
10Am-12Am/1Am Dep 225.00 Rent 500.00 Police 200.00 Total 925.00
10Am-12Am/1Am Dep 262.50 Rent 600.00 Police 200.00 Total 1062.50
Equipment & Security Rates
1. Lights and Sound $25.00 per hour
2. Microphone $35.00
3. Piano $50.00
4. Speaker’s Podium $25.0
Everything you need to know to be confident that your event will be a success
Capacity: Bottom Floor 430 Overflow (Balcony): 273
Custom light cues including intensity and color changes can be requested but must be delivered in writing along with a program or script at least 3 days in advance of the event. All custom lighting designs should have at least one technical rehearsal.
The EMA features:
- Elation Show Designer 2 light board
- Three color LED over head PAR's
- ETC Source 4 Ellipsoidal front lighting.
Additional lighting available upon request:
- 4 LED Bar fixtures for lighting backdrops
- 1 Chauvete Barrel 360 concert light
- 1 Incandescent spot light.
The EMA features:
- Presonus Studiolive 24.4.2 sound board
- Sound Amplifiers
- 4 Audix vocal microphones with microphone stands
- 4 Audix over head hanging microphones
- 2 Audix floor microphones
- 4 Wireless microphones
Restrictions and Permitting
- Residents can book 1 year in advance, non-residents only 6 months.
- Friday events are over at 12am, Saturday events at 12am or 1am.
- Deposit is returned 2 -3 weeks after the event by mail.
- Must pick up key on Friday for events on weekends.
- No food allowed in the Auditorium.
- Selling of food or concession is not allowed unless written permission from the City of Edinburg is provided.
Schedule a Technical Tour
Rent the EMA
Check the rental calendar to see when the EMA is available.
Check the Rental Rates to find out how much your rental will cost.
Schedule a tech tour of the EMA to be sure the facilities will be appropriate for your event.
Come in to the Dustin Michael Sekula Memorial Library and fill out a contract!