The Edinburg EDC is looking for a new visual identity and needs your help. We are seeking students and citizens who can design a creative, innovative, and professional logo design.
The logo should be recognizable and help promote our community mission which is:
“To promote economic growth in the Edinburg EDC and South Texas through the attraction of new innovative commerce, retaining and preserving our existing businesses by providing the resources that support successful business and quality of life for the citizens of Edinburg.”
Please read below for more details regarding who is eligible, submission requirements, logo specifications, judging, disqualification, binding agreement, ownership & logo use, and prize.
Who Is Eligible
· All Edinburg students and Edinburg residents.
· Minors will need to submit a parent or legal guardian consent form.
· Edinburg EDC board members, employees and their immediate family members are not eligible to participate.
· City officials, city employees and their immediate family members are not eligible to participate.
· No entry fee is required.
· All submissions must be received on or before Wednesday July 18, 2018, 5:00 p.m. CST
· Logo created must be submitted by the original owner of the copyright for the logo.
· Must be submitted via hand-delivery in a sealed envelope.
· Must be in a USB or CD.
· Must be submitted directly to the Edinburg EDC.
· Logo must promote the mission of the Edinburg EDC, "Business Development, Job Creation, and Quality of Life."
· Design should be universal in theme and not nation specific.
· Only color digital logos will be accepted.
· There are no limitations and any colors may be used.
· Must be eye-catching but still be legible.
· Logo must be legible and able to be utilized in any color or black & white.
· Must be submitted in JPEG and in its original source file. (For example: Adobe Illustrator or Adobe Photoshop).
· Logo should be submitted in a format resolution of 300 dpi or higher.
· Must be easily reproducible and scalable for large and small formatting.
· Logo must be suitable for government use. Obscene or graphic logos will not be acceptable.
· Logo must not have watermarks, signatures, or copyright notices.
· Logo cannot contain copyright material.
· Logo must have been created and edited by the contestant.
· Logo may not include images or licensed images that have been previously published.
· Contestant may submit up to three (3) logos.
· Logos will be judged based on quality, creativity and how the image captures the mission of the Edinburg EDC.
· Logos will also be judged on originality, technical excellence, overall impact and artistic merit.
· Edinburg EDC reserves the right to not select a winner if, in its sole discretion, no suitable entries are received.
Violation of any of these rules or federal, state or local laws by any contestant will result in disqualification and forfeiture of all prize money.
- Contestant does not follow rules and requirements.
- Extremely poor quality (resolution).
- Inappropriate or unsuitable.
- Logo work is not of the owner submitting the logo.
- Broken content rule and/or broken copyright rule.
Ownership & Logo Use
· Participants DO NOT retain the copyright, ownership, and all other rights to future use of the logo(s) they enter.
· By entering the contest, participant agrees to have his/her submitted logo used on the Edinburg EDC website and/or other official Edinburg EDC documents and displayed at Edinburg EDC without any fee or other form of compensation.
· Contestant agrees the winning logo may not be limited to be used in production of brochures, promotion, public relations, advertising, education, books, and other media, without any other fee or form of compensation other than the prize.
· Contestant agrees the winning logo may be used online, and that logos will be retained by the Edinburg EDC without any other fee or form of compensation other than the prize.
· Logos will be credited to the participant listed on the registration form.
· If ownership of the logo is contested in any manner, Edinburg EDC may disqualify or discontinue use of the logo.
· This logo may be featured on websites, social media platforms, and other mediums (stationary, pamphlets, t-shirts, etc.).
· Contestant agree that Edinburg EDC may publish the logo and may be used for advertising campaigns and/or marketing materials in the future.
· Contestant assigns all ownership rights, including all intellectual property rights to the logo to Edinburg EDC.
· Edinburg EDC may alter, modify or revise the logo as it sees necessary to achieve the goals of the Corporation.
· Edinburg EDC is not required to use the winning logo for any specific period of time.
· Winner, if any, shall be required to sign a waiver or release form transferring all rights and ownership interests to Edinburg EDC. Thereafter, Edinburg EDC shall have the right to alter the logo in any which way it deems necessary.
· In order to enter the Contestant must agree to these Official Rules. These rules form a legally binding agreement with respect to this Contest, please read them carefully.
· If Contestant does not agree to the Rules, Contestant is not eligible to participate or win the prize.
· Contestant agrees that his/her registration, as an individual contestant, constitutes his/her agreement to these Rules.
· Winners will be notified within a week after selections are made via the information provided on the contest entry form.
· Contest winner, if any, will receive $500 (and bragging rights!).
The contest winner may have his/her logo images used on the Edinburg EDC website and
other official Edinburg EDC documents, and may be displayed at
Edinburg EDC owned buildings or offices.